Welcome to Springboro High School, a 2011 National Blue Ribbon School.
2016 Summer School Registration is Open
Summer School registration for Springboro High School is now open. The SHS Summer School offers courses for original credit (May 6 registration deadline) in Government/Economics, Intro to Personal Finance, Health, and Physical Education. Courses for credit recovery (May 31 registration deadline) and OGT intervention classes (May 25 registration deadline) also are offered over the summer. You can check the Summer School brochure here, and contact your counselor if you have any questions.
Students can register for Summer School online through this link or
Download this paper form here to return to SHS.
Friends of Rachel Produce Video
"Kindness Begins With Me"
The epicView takes a look at Springboro High School.
Click on this video for a discussion about SHS course offerings, the student Code of Conduct and learning environment at SHS.
SHS Student-Athletes Sign Letters of Intent
Springboro Community City Schools congratulates the following senior student-athletes as they finalize their college decisions by signing a National Letter of Intent (NLI) or similar letter of commitment.
- Drew Holweger will attend Furman University where he will continue his baseball career. (November 11)
- Jacob Bourke will attend The University of South Carolina-Upstate where he will continue his baseball career. (November 11)
- Andrew Symonds will run cross county with Heidelberg University. (November 12)
- Tucker Dandenault will run cross country with Mars Hill University. (November 12)
- Austin Schoonmaker will play golf at Wright State University. (November 18)
- Hannah Whiteley will swim with Louisville. (November 23)
- Marianne Kahmann will swim with Ohio State. (November 23)
- Shelby Tomasiak -will swim with Wright State. (November 23)
- Dalton Smith will play lacrosse for the University of the Cumberlands. (February 2)
- Luke Wyatt will play lacrosse with the University of the Cumberlands. (February 2)
- Justin Rigg will play football at the University of Kentucky. (February 3)
- Elijah Cunningham will play football at Bowling Green State University. (February 3)
- Danny Welsh will play football at Ohio Dominican University. (February 3).
- Tyler Stephenson will play football at Georgetown College. (February 3).
- Nic Thomas will play football at Georgetown College. (February 3).
- Alex Feldman will play football at University of Mount Union. (February 3).
- Keegan Brown will play football at Valparaiso University. (February 3)
- Christine Ommert will continue her soccer career at Wright State University. (February 19)
- Livi Raflik will continue her soccer career at Wright State University. (February 19)
- Lily Herman will sign to play soccer for Belmont University. (February 19)
- Grace Yoder will play softball for Wilmington College. (March 4)
- Amanda Thornton will play softball at Case Western Reserve University. (March 4)
- Jon Floyd will wrestle for Cumberland University in Tennesse (March 23)
- Kayla Ropos will play lacrosse for Tiffin University. (April 12)
Additional information on scheduling a signing at SHS for Panther student-athletes and their families is posted online:http://boropanthers.com/sports/2014/4/22/Sports%20Info%20and%20Comm.aspx
PULSE Parent Meetings
All parents/guardians of SHS students are welcome to attend meetings PULSE meetings. PULSE stands for Parents Understanding, Listening, Speaking & Encouraging. It is a great opportunity to talk with the SHS principals and learn more about the school.
2015-2016 SHS PULSE Meeting Dates
PULSE meets from 10-11:30 a.m. in the AP Conference Room.
Upcoming Meetings: April 28
Newsweek magazine named Springboro High School as one of only 33 high schools in Ohio on its list of the Top 500 High Schools in the entire country. SHS came in at #399 on the list with data from 2013-2014. We look for SHS to continue to rise in the ranks as more students take advantage of AP courses, Honors courses, dual-credit courses, and all that SHS has to offer in the years to come!
Congratulations SHS EPIC Teacher of the Year: Jack Hanson!
The Springboro Schools’ District Parent Council (DPC) developed the EPIC Award to recognize teachers and staff who Engage, Prepare, Inspire, and Challenge students. This year's nominations extended from preschool through high school and from nearly all subject areas. “The common theme throughout all of the nominations was that these are professionals who exhibit leadership, sincerity, and truly innovative, student-centered teaching,” said Todd Petrey, Superintendent. To see the full news release, click here.
Congratulations Jack Hanson!