Welcome to Springboro High School, a 2011 National Blue Ribbon School.
After Prom Survey Online
Springboro's After Prom will be an alcohol-free and drug-free activity offered to Juniors and Seniors and their dates at South Metro Ice Skating Rink on April 30 11:30 p.m. on April 30 to 3:00 a.m. on May 1. The After Prom committee is looking for input. Check out this five question survey here:
Springboro Robotics High School Teams
Our Springboro Robotics high school teams attended the FTC Cincinnati Qualifying tournament on January 30. Electro-mechanically Controlled Chaos was named second place finisher for the Think Award, and Higgs Bosons was named second place finisher for the Promote Award. Ojas Anand and Steven Lehman were named Dean's List semi-finialists. Way to go, Boro! Coming up on Sunday, February 7, five Springboro Robotics teams will be in the Ohio FLL State Championship at the Nutter Center.
SHS Student Wins Optimist Scholarship
The Springboro Optimist Club has announced that SHS senior Maddie Durbin is the recipient of the Margaret Barclay Scholarship Award. Durbin entered this scholarship contest with an essay in response to the question: Do leaders have to be optimistic? She will receive a $2000 award to apply to her college expenses. Congratulations, Maddie! Maddie is pictured here with Todd Petrey, Superintendent, Jeff Dundon, Optimist Club President, and SHS Principal Kyle Martin.
The epicView takes a look at Springboro High School.
Click on this video for a discussion about SHS course offerings, the student Code of Conduct and learning environment at SHS.
SHS Student-Athletes Sign Letters of Intent
Springboro Community City Schools congratulates the following senior student-athletes as they finalize their college decisions by signing a National Letter of Intent (NLI) or similar letter of commitment.
- Drew Holweger will attend Furman University where he will continue his baseball career. (November 11)
- Jacob Bourke will attend The University of South Carolina-Upstate where he will continue his baseball career. (November 11)
- Andrew Symonds will run cross county with Heidelberg University. (November 12)
- Tucker Dandenault will run cross country with Mars Hill University. (November 12)
- Austin Schoonmaker will play golf at Wright State University. (November 18)
- Hannah Whiteley will swim with Louisville. (November 23)
- Marianne Kahmann will swim with Ohio State. (November 23)
- Shelby Tomasiak -will swim with Wright State. (November 23)
- Dalton Smith will play lacrosse for the University of the Cumberlands. (February 2)
- Luke Wyatt will play lacrosse with the University of the Cumberlands. (February 2)
- Justin Rigg will play football at the University of Kentucky. (February 3)
- Elijah Cunningham will play football at Bowling Green State University. (February 3)
- Danny Welsh will play football at Ohio Dominican University. (February 3).
- Tyler Stephenson will play football at Georgetown College. (February 3).
- Nic Thomas will play football at Georgetown College. (February 3).
- Alex Feldman will play football at University of Mount Union. (February 3).
- Keegan Brown will play football at Valparaiso University. (February 3)
Additional information on scheduling a signing at SHS for Panther student-athletes and their families is posted online:http://boropanthers.com/sports/2014/4/22/Sports%20Info%20and%20Comm.aspx
PULSE Parent Meetings
All parents/guardians of SHS students are welcome to attend meetings PULSE meetings. PULSE stands for Parents Understanding, Listening, Speaking & Encouraging. It is a great opportunity to talk with the SHS principals and learn more about the school.
2015-2016 SHS PULSE Meeting Dates
PULSE meets from 10-11:30 a.m. in the AP Conference Room.
Upcoming Meetings: February 25 March 24 April 21
Newsweek magazine named Springboro High School as one of only 33 high schools in Ohio on its list of the Top 500 High Schools in the entire country. SHS came in at #399 on the list with data from 2013-2014. We look for SHS to continue to rise in the ranks as more students take advantage of AP courses, Honors courses, dual-credit courses, and all that SHS has to offer in the years to come!
Congratulations SHS EPIC Teacher of the Year: Jack Hanson!
The Springboro Schools’ District Parent Council (DPC) developed the EPIC Award to recognize teachers and staff who Engage, Prepare, Inspire, and Challenge students. This year's nominations extended from preschool through high school and from nearly all subject areas. “The common theme throughout all of the nominations was that these are professionals who exhibit leadership, sincerity, and truly innovative, student-centered teaching,” said Todd Petrey, Superintendent. To see the full news release, click here.
Congratulations Jack Hanson!
Learn more about taking Advanced Placement classes.