Welcome to Springboro High School, a 2011 National Blue Ribbon School.
Senior Plan Pages Due to Guidance Office by May 17
Seniors are asked to complete the following planning forms and report all scholarships and awards they have been offered and those they have accepted by downloading the pages here. These forms are due to the SHS Guidance Office by May 17, 2016.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD SENIOR PLAN PAGES
Congratulations Drill Team!
At the 2016 National High School Drill Team Championships, our JROTC precision drill team competed in four drill events against 26 select teams from across the county. The team won the Unarmed Regulation event to be named the Challenge Level Unarmed Regulation National Champions. The Panthers also placed fifth in Team Inspection and fifth in Unarmed Color Guard. The Drill team finished ninth in the nation in the Unarmed Challenge level overall team competition. In addition, Braden Thompson received individual honors by placing second in the Top Commander category. Congratulations!
SHS Seniors Sign to Serve in the Military
The following seniors plan to enlist in military service after graduation. We congratulate them and wish them well in their training and new careers.
- Gabby Deem, United States Navy
- Tristen Richards, Army National Guard
- Erin Dietz, Army National Guard
- Elena Mallett, United States Marine Corps
- Joseph Hawley, United States Army
- Alyssa Wunderlich, Army National Guard
- Braden Thompson, Air National Guard
- Tanner Stevens, United States Army
- Timmy Dressman, United States Navy
2016 Summer School Registration is Open
Summer School registration for Springboro High School is now open. The SHS Summer School offers courses for original credit (May 6 registration deadline) in Government/Economics, Intro to Personal Finance, Health, and Physical Education. Courses for credit recovery (May 31 registration deadline) and OGT intervention classes (May 25 registration deadline) also are offered over the summer. You can check the Summer School brochure here, and contact your counselor if you have any questions.
Students can register for Summer School online through this link or
Download this paper form here to return to SHS.
Friends of Rachel Produce Video
"Kindness Begins With Me"
The epicView takes a look at Springboro High School.
Click on this video for a discussion about SHS course offerings, the student Code of Conduct and learning environment at SHS.
SHS Student-Athletes Sign Letters of Intent
Springboro Community City Schools congratulates the following senior student-athletes as they finalize their college decisions by signing a National Letter of Intent (NLI) or similar letter of commitment.
- Drew Holweger will attend Furman University where he will continue his baseball career. (November 11)
- Jacob Bourke will attend The University of South Carolina-Upstate where he will continue his baseball career. (November 11)
- Andrew Symonds will run cross county with Heidelberg University. (November 12)
- Tucker Dandenault will run cross country with Mars Hill University. (November 12)
- Austin Schoonmaker will play golf at Wright State University. (November 18)
- Hannah Whiteley will swim with Louisville. (November 23)
- Marianne Kahmann will swim with Ohio State. (November 23)
- Shelby Tomasiak -will swim with Wright State. (November 23)
- Dalton Smith will play lacrosse for the University of the Cumberlands. (February 2)
- Luke Wyatt will play lacrosse with the University of the Cumberlands. (February 2)
- Justin Rigg will play football at the University of Kentucky. (February 3)
- Elijah Cunningham will play football at Bowling Green State University. (February 3)
- Danny Welsh will play football at Ohio Dominican University. (February 3).
- Tyler Stephenson will play football at Georgetown College. (February 3).
- Nic Thomas will play football at Georgetown College. (February 3).
- Alex Feldman will play football at University of Mount Union. (February 3).
- Keegan Brown will play football at Valparaiso University. (February 3)
- Christine Ommert will continue her soccer career at Wright State University. (February 19)
- Livi Raflik will continue her soccer career at Wright State University. (February 19)
- Lily Herman will sign to play soccer for Belmont University. (February 19)
- Grace Yoder will play softball for Wilmington College. (March 4)
- Amanda Thornton will play softball at Case Western Reserve University. (March 4)
- Jon Floyd will wrestle for Cumberland University in Tennesse (March 23)
- Kayla Ropos will play lacrosse for Tiffin University. (April 12)
- Kasey Hughes will play basketball for Baldwin Wallace. (April 29)
- Breanna Graham will play basketball for Bluffton University. (April 29)
- Molly Schoenlein will play basketball for Lake Forest College. (April 29)
- Emma Barth will be a track athlete for Ohio Dominican University. (May 17)
Additional information on scheduling a signing at SHS for Panther student-athletes and their families is posted online:http://boropanthers.com/sports/2014/4/22/Sports%20Info%20and%20Comm.aspx
Congratulations SHS EPIC Teacher of the Year: Jack Hanson!
The Springboro Schools’ District Parent Council (DPC) developed the EPIC Award to recognize teachers and staff who Engage, Prepare, Inspire, and Challenge students. This year's nominations extended from preschool through high school and from nearly all subject areas. “The common theme throughout all of the nominations was that these are professionals who exhibit leadership, sincerity, and truly innovative, student-centered teaching,” said Todd Petrey, Superintendent. To see the full news release, click here.
Congratulations Jack Hanson!